Season Preview: San Jose Sharks depth chart
theScore is previewing each team leading up to the 2016-17 season.
The San Jose Sharks fell two wins shy of the Stanley Cup last season, and they'll ice nearly the exact same roster this season with the goal of taking that final step.
Boasting a star-studded lineup, the Sharks should be in the thick of things in the Western Conference once again.
Here's a look at their projected depth chart for 2016-17:
|Tomas Hertl||Joe Pavelski||Joe Thornton|
|Patrick Marleau||Logan Couture||Joonas Donskoi|
|Mikkel Boedker||Chris Tierney||Joel Ward|
|Matt Nieto||Tommy Wingels||Melker Karlsson|
- Mikkel Boedker signed a four-year, $16-million contract with the club in the offseason.
- 2015 ninth overall pick Timo Meier is expected to make a push for a roster spot after scoring 87 points in 52 QMJHL games last season.
|Paul Martin||Brent Burns|
|Marc-Edouard Vlasic||Justin Braun|
|Brenden Dillon||David Schlemko|
- David Schlemko is the lone newcomer on the blue line. Coming off a 19-point season with the New Jersey Devils, the 29-year-old signed a four-year deal in the offseason.
- Martin Jones is the lone goalie on a one-way contract for the Sharks at this point, and will carry the load again between the pipes after the best season of his young career.
NHL Depth Charts
- Watch: Sale goes berserk in minor-league clubhouse after poor rehab start
- Yankees collect season-high 22 hits in 16-0 demolition of Pirates
- Royals hit 3 HRs off Javier, end Astros' 8-game win streak
- Fried rolls as homer-happy Braves shut down Cardinals
- Ohtani makes more history with incredible 4-game stretch on mound