Season Preview: Anaheim Ducks depth chart
theScore is previewing each team leading up to the 2016-17 season.
The Anaheim Ducks have won four consecutive Pacific Division titles, but the club still enters the 2016-17 campaign under enormous pressure to take the next step.
With essentially the same roster, and a new coach in Randy Carlyle, the Ducks are likely to be in the thick of contention in the Western Conference once again next season.
Here's a projected depth chart for Anaheim next season:
|Nick Ritchie||Ryan Getzlaf||Corey Perry|
|Andrew Cogliano||Ryan Kesler||Jakob Silfverberg|
|Mason Raymond||Rickard Rakell||Chris Wagner|
|Stefan Noesen||Antoine Vermette||Jared Boll|
- Newcomer Antoine Vermette is a nice addition to the Ducks' bottom six, and expect Rickard Rakell to move to center, as Nate Thompson is out indefinitely with an Achilles injury suffered in the offseason.
|Hampus Lindholm||Sami Vatanen|
|Cam Fowler||Kevin Bieksa|
|Simon Despres||Clayton Stoner|
- Hampus Lindholm is a restricted free agent in need of a contract.
- Josh Manson and Shea Theodore made strong impressions last season, and could very well play into a roster spot.
- 23-year-old John Gibson will finally be the No. 1 man in the Ducks crease, as Frederik Andersen was dealt to Toronto in the offseason
- Backing up Gibson in net will be former Leaf Jonathan Bernier
NHL Depth Charts
- Watch: Sale goes berserk in minor-league clubhouse after poor rehab start
- Yankees collect season-high 22 hits in 16-0 demolition of Pirates
- Royals hit 3 HRs off Javier, end Astros' 8-game win streak
- Fried rolls as homer-happy Braves shut down Cardinals
- Ohtani makes more history with incredible 4-game stretch on mound