Agent: Ginobili's 1st choice is Spurs, but looking for 'good deal'
Most expect the soon-to-be 39-year-old to re-up with the only NBA team he's ever played for, but Ginobili's agent was speaking like an agent Sunday.
"Obviously, his first choice is to come back to the Spurs if we can put together a good deal," Herb Rudoy told the San Antonio Express News' Jeff McDonald. "If you look around the league, there is a lot of money going around for lesser players than Manu."
The series of hometown discounts that Ginobili has given the Spurs in years past could be outdated in a world where Tyler Johnson, with 68 career NBA games under his belt, might make $12.5 million a season.
"Manu is very aware of what the market looks like, and the Spurs are very aware," Rudoy added.
Ginobili made $2.8 million last season before opting out.
- Report: Jets' Wilson out 2-4 weeks with meniscus tear, bone bruise
- Rookie of the Year rankings: Adley makes his push, Braves' pair rules in NL
- Lance's deep TD pass leads 49ers to preseason win over Packers
- Gonsolin carries no-hitter into 7th, propels Dodgers to 11th straight win
- Soto gets 2 hits, standing ovation as Padres beat Nationals