Report: Jets offered Fitzpatrick 3-year deal, $12M in 1st year
New York made Fitzpatrick that offer in March, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, but the veteran quarterback remains a free agent.
Fitzpatrick started all 16 games for the Jets last season, throwing for 3,905 yards and 31 touchdowns against 15 interceptions.
Jets star wide receivers Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker vocally lobbied the team to re-sign Fitzpatrick, to no avail so far.
If the two parties cannot agree upon terms ahead of the 2016 season, Geno Smith becomes the team's starting quarterback. New York also drafted quarterback Christian Hackenberg in the second round. He'll challenge Smith and Bryce Petty for the team's starting role.
- Pelletier jokes about number change: 'Easier' for coaches to remember No. 22
- Robertson: Stars have all the pieces to compete for Cup
- Vikings' O'Connell: Players will be benched if turnovers continue
- Report: Knicks promote Rosas to senior VP of basketball operations
- Fantasy Podcast: Top waiver adds for Week 4, injury roundup