Kings' Gay will play Saturday vs. Grizzlies after missing time with eye injury
Following the Sacramento Kings' recent five-game winning streak, the team lost its momentum due to an ensuing three-game slide.
Two of the three losses came without the services of the team's second most potent offensive weapon.
The 20-26 Kings have hovered around the eighth seed in the Western Conference for most of January - they currently sit half a game behind the Portland Trail Blazers for the final playoff spot.
Gay, and his 18 points, 6.9 rebounds and, 1.2 steals per game, will provide a much-needed boost as the Kings take on the 27-20 Grizzlies.
- Westbrook chides Bazley for dunk: 'Certain things you just don't do'
- VanVleet leads Raptors past Pacers for 1st win in Toronto in 20 months
- Report: Embiid playing through injury to make up for Simmons' absence
- Report: LaVine has ligament tear in non-shooting hand, won't miss time
- NBA Podcast: Observations from first week of the season