Bulls' Butler on bereavement leave, won't play Saturday
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau announced after morning shootaround that Butler is taking bereavement leave, reserved for when a player has had a death or incident in the family or with friends. Such issues are usually day-to-day.
The Bulls are in the midst of a five-game homestand, with the Rockets and Jazz to follow Monday and Wednesday. Butler is Chicago's leading scorer at 21.9 points per game.
With Mike Dunleavy now on the shelf with an ankle injury, Thibodeau finds himself in some familiar territory with an undermanned squad, at least against the Celtics. When asked his starting lineup for Saturday's game, he replied he'd like to have five players.
- Kyrie exercising $37M option with Nets for 2022-23: 'See you in the fall'
- Report: Wall plans to sign with Clippers after Rockets buyout
- Top 25 NBA free agents: The biggest names potentially available this summer
- Bulls' Karnisovas hoping to re-sign LaVine 'for a long time'
- Lakers' Monk: Money isn't biggest priority in free agency