Rockets, Warriors combine for record number of 3-point attempts
The teams combined to shoot an NBA record 88 3-pointers in Thursday's double-overtime thriller at Oracle Arena. It also marked the first time in NBA history that both teams in a game attempted at least 40 threes, as each side hoisted 44 shots from behind the arc.
Unfortunately, neither team shot the ball well, as they combined to knock down only 26 of those 88 attempts, falling 13 triples shy of the combined record (39) set by the Warriors and Dallas Mavericks last March.
The Rockets set the record for most 3-point attempts by one team (50) last Friday in Sacramento, where they and the Kings combined for 82 attempts - a combined total that remained in the record books for six days.
- Scorching AD drops season-high 55 points in Lakers' win over Wizards
- NBA Rookie of the Year rankings: Mathurin, Banchero off to blazing starts
- Lillard scores 21 in return to help Blazers top Pacers
- NBA-best Celtics snap Nets' 4-game win streak
- Report: Hawks' Young sat out vs. Nuggets after exchange with McMillan