Report: Warriors fan challenged Barkley to fight at Oklahoma bar
Following a season filled with blowout victories and historic winning streaks, fans of the Golden State Warriors now appear to be struggling with the feeling of defeat.
One fan became so angry after Golden State's Game 3 loss on Saturday that he challenged TNT broadcaster Charles Barkley to a fight at an Oklahoma City hotel bar for picking the Thunder to win, according to Sam Amick of USA TODAY Sports. Security was promptly called, and the fan was forced to leave.
Barkley has been vocal about his lack of faith in the Warriors throughout the 2015-16 season, going as far as to guarantee they wouldn't win a championship despite setting the NBA record with 73 regular-season wins. Oddsmakers recently echoed Barkley's belief, giving them the third-worst odds to win the title as of Wednesday.
Down 3-1 in the Western Conference finals, the Warriors will need to reel off three straight wins to avoid more outrage from their fan base.
- Report: Irving not at media day due to health and safety protocols
- Nuggets ink Porter to 5-year max extension
- Towns 'still dealing with a lot of shit' after COVID-19 struggles
- Zion underwent foot surgery, likely ready for start of season
- Grizzlies' Morant, Bane considered family, others when getting vaccine