7-year-old singing sensation Malea Emma performs anthem at NASCAR race
Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, the 7-year-old who rose to fame in September after singing the national anthem at a Los Angeles Galaxy game, delivered another rousing performance at the NASCAR XFINITY Series' Production Alliance Group 300 on Saturday.
Since going viral, Malea Emma has also received invitations from the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Kings, and the MLS Cup. She told Martin Rogers of USA TODAY her biggest dream is to perform at the Super Bowl one day.
"Of course I want to be a singer one day," she said. "But I love singing the anthem at sports events. I like staying to watch the game, too. But only if it finishes before my bed time."
- Key takeaways and analysis from Week 14 in the NFL
- NFL Playoff Picture - Week 14: Postseason seeds, projected draft order
- Cowboys dominate Eagles on SNF to shake up NFC East
- Falcons' Smith: 'Our spirit is not broken' despite costly loss to Bucs
- Ex-Kings goalie Quick helps Rangers prevail over his former team