7-year-old singing sensation Malea Emma performs anthem at NASCAR race
Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, the 7-year-old who rose to fame in September after singing the national anthem at a Los Angeles Galaxy game, delivered another rousing performance at the NASCAR XFINITY Series' Production Alliance Group 300 on Saturday.
Since going viral, Malea Emma has also received invitations from the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Kings, and the MLS Cup. She told Martin Rogers of USA TODAY her biggest dream is to perform at the Super Bowl one day.
"Of course I want to be a singer one day," she said. "But I love singing the anthem at sports events. I like staying to watch the game, too. But only if it finishes before my bed time."
- Georgiev's 41-save performance lifts Avalanche past Stars
- LeBron's season-high 39 points lead Lakers by Spurs
- Report: Bears' Fields unlikely to face Jets due to injury, Siemian to start
- Lindy Ruff gets 800th win as Devils beat Capitals
- Islanders strike twice in 22 seconds to hand Flyers 10th straight loss