Adesanya responds to Brunson's callout: 'You still a bum'
Derek Brunson's performance against Darren Till apparently didn't impress UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya.
Brunson submitted Till during the third round of the UFC Fight Night main event on Saturday, extending his winning streak to five. Afterward, the No. 5-ranked middleweight said he wanted to face the winner of the impending title bout between Adesanya and Robert Whittaker.
Adesanya took to Twitter shortly following the fight to dismiss Brunson's callout:
Adesanya and Brunson met in the Octagon in November 2018, with "The Last Stylebender" picking up a stunning first-round finish during UFC 230.
That is Brunson's most recent loss before he returned to title contention with victories over the likes of Kevin Holland, Edmen Shahbazyan, and now Till.
- UFC releases former interim title challenger Kevin Lee
- Horiguchi thinks he'll become top 135-pounder with Bellator title win
- Volkanovski: Cejudo fight doesn't 'help my legacy' at all
- Report: UFC books Dariush-Makhachev headliner for Feb. 26
- Sanchez hospitalized due to COVID-19, says he has 'blood clots' in legs