Jones to White: 'Go ahead and release me from my UFC contract'
Jeff Bottari / UFC / Getty

Warning: Story contains coarse language

Jon Jones continued to trade shots with UFC president Dana White on Friday, as the longtime light heavyweight champion dared the promotion to release him from his contract.

On Thursday night, Jones said White lied about the 32-year-old wanting "an absurd amount of money" to fight top heavyweight contender Francis Ngannou.

White responded to the 205-pound titleholder Friday afternoon, saying that Jones asked for "what (former world boxing champion) Deontay Wilder was paid. ... I think it was $30 million."

"We have text messages from Jon Jones," White told reporters, according to MMA Fighting. "It's not like I can't prove what I'm saying is true. ... But I'm not gonna put his text messages out in the press. I could. If Jon Jones wants to sit down and take a lie detector test about who's lying and who's not, we can do that, too."

Jones again refuted White's claim in a series of tweets Friday, asking the UFC president to release the aforementioned text messages.

White said Friday that he considers Jones to be the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Jones and Ngannou expressed interest in fighting each other earlier in May. Jones, the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the UFC, has talked about moving up to heavyweight for years.

"Bones" is coming off a narrow win over Dominick Reyes at UFC 247 in February.

Comments
Jones to White: 'Go ahead and release me from my UFC contract'
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox