Missouri baseball team offers free tickets for Rams gear
Disgruntled fans of the recently relocated St. Louis Rams can now put their former team's gear to good use.
The River City Rascals of the independent Frontier League have announced a "T-shirt Tradeoff," inviting jilted St. Louis football fans to bring their unwanted Rams jersey and/or T-shirt to T.R. Hughes Ballpark in O'Fallon, Mo. in exchange for two tickets to any 2016 Rascals game, as well as a Rascals T-shirt.
"Like many St. Louisans, the River City Rascals organization is disappointed with the recent news of the St. Louis Rams' move back to Los Angeles," the team said in a release. "Throughout the years, the Rams have created a large following of extremely dedicated supporters. What will we do with our Sundays spent at the Edward Jones Dome and our St. Louis Rams items such as T-shirts and jerseys?"
The Rams apparel received by the Rascals will be redistributed to help supply people in need.
It was announced earlier this week that the Rams are moving back to Los Angeles for the start of the 2016 NFL season, after 30 of the league's 32 owners approved the move.
- Fried outduels deGrom as Braves take series from Mets
- Padres' Profar to support Tatis: 'One mistake and everyone wants to crucify you'
- Springer's 5-hit game paces Blue Jays past slumping Yankees
- Yankees' Boone: I stood up taller after hearing chants to fire me
- Bregman's career day helps Astros trample White Sox in 21-5 win