Jeff Samardzija gets an unflattering new nickname
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Jeff Samardzija has a famously hard to pronounce last name. As is usually the case when someone has a difficult last name, he's also known by a number of nicknames.
If you asked the average Cubs fan or baseball fan what his nickname is, it's likely they'd answer "Shark".
If you ask google, however, you get a much, much different answer.
Likely the work of jilted and jaded Cubs fans, google's landing page for the Cubs starter lists his official nickname as "Hot Diarrhea Geyser".
There's no telling how long the nickname will stay up on the world's largest search engine, so enjoy it while you can, I guess.
- Report: Blue Jays, Dodgers, Cubs among Ohtani suitors as 3 teams drop out
- Previewing baseball HOF's 2024 contemporary era committee ballot
- Report: Guardians open to trading All-Star closer Clase
- 5 trades we want to see at MLB's winter meetings
- Report: Marlins hiring former Giants manager Kapler as assistant GM