Athletics sign Aguilar to 1-year deal
The Oakland Athletics announced the signing of first baseman Jesus Aguilar to a one-year contract.
The deal will reportedly pay Aguilar $3 million, according to Bob Nightengale of USA Today.
Aguilar, 32, spent the 2022 campaign between the Miami Marlins and Baltimore Orioles, hitting .235/.281/.379 with 16 homers and one steal over 129 games.
The nine-year journeyman possesses a career .773 OPS (106 OPS+) in 759 games. He also played for the Cleveland Guardians and the Milwaukee Brewers and had a brief stint with the Tampa Bay Rays.
The former All-Star could serve as a platoon option at first base or designated hitter alongside the lefty-swinging Seth Brown.
- Acuña establishes 40-70 club to key Braves' comeback win over Cubs
- Cole cements Cy Young bid with 2-hit shutout of Blue Jays
- Astros take contentious rubber match in crucial series vs. Mariners
- Cleveland salutes Francona with multiple ovations in final home game
- The Atlanta Braves are hitting like the 1927 Yankees - really