Eloy cleared to resume baseball activities with 4-week stint at complex
While the club states there's still no official timetable for Jimenez's return, the 24-year-old could be cleared for a rehab assignment after at least four weeks at the team's complex in Arizona.
Jimenez hasn't played this season after suffering a ruptured pectoral tendon during a spring training game in late March. He was expected to miss five-to-six months because of the ailment.
The White Sox have been hit by a number of big injuries this season. Luis Robert is out until at least August with a hip flexor tear, while infielder Nick Madrigal could be sidelined for the rest of the year with a torn right hamstring.
However, the 41-24 White Sox lead the AL Central by 5 1/2 games over the Cleveland Indians and possess baseball's best run differential at +106.
- Kiermaier took Jays' scouting report Monday, Rays refused to return card
- Cards win 10th in row, beat Brewers to extend wild-card lead
- Machado, Tatis clear air after dugout blowup
- World Series odds: Teams to buy, sell in final weeks of MLB season
- Manoah helps Blue Jays top Rays to maintain wild-card spot