Mets teammates defend deGrom from cheating accusation
During Saturday's start against the San Diego Padres, deGrom appeared to touch his glove in what the Twitter user deemed a suspicious way, common among pitchers who keep pine tar or other substances in their gloves.
Through nine starts, the 32-year-old deGrom looks to be the front-runner for his third Cy Young Award, authoring a sterling 0.62 ERA and 1.02 FIP.
Though deGrom is one of many pitchers thriving in a season of suppressed offensive numbers, Major League Baseball is reportedly preparing to crack down on more pitchers for using illegal substances to aid with grip and boost spin rates.
- Kiermaier took Jays' scouting report Monday, Rays refused to return card
- Cards win 10th in row, beat Brewers to extend wild-card lead
- Machado, Tatis clear air after dugout blowup
- World Series odds: Teams to buy, sell in final weeks of MLB season
- Manoah helps Blue Jays top Rays to maintain wild-card spot