Lille part ways with coach Gourvennec
Paris, June 16, 2022 (AFP) - French Ligue 1 side Lille said Thursday that they had parted ways with coach Jocelyn Gourvennec after just one season in charge.
"Lille would like to sincerely thank Jocelyn Gourvennec for his work, commitment and professionalism throughout the 2021-2022 season," the club wrote in a statement posted on its website.
Gourvennec, who replaced Christophe Galtier last summer, won the Champions Trophy and led the team into the knockout stages of the Champions League, where they were eliminated by Chelsea.
However, the club only finished in 10th place in Ligue 1, two seasons after being crowned champions.
- Astros' Alvarez transported to hospital after feeling ill on field
- Vanessa Bryant says crash photos turned grief to horror
- Padres' Snell cleared to pitch after car struck by suspected drunk driver
- Stanton to start rehab stint, could rejoin Yankees next week
- Urban Meyer rejoins Fox as college football analyst