Newcastle sign Trippier from Atletico Madrid to begin spending spree
Trippier, 31, inked a two-and-a-half-year contract on Tyneside.
The Trippier acquisition isn't expected to be the end of Newcastle's January business. The Magpies are also seeking two center-backs, a left-back, a midfielder, and a striker as they try to preserve their Premier League status, The Athletic's Chris Waugh and David Ornstein reported last week.
Newcastle are positioned 19th in England's top flight, two points adrift of safety. However, the future appears bright at the club following October's £300-million takeover by a consortium backed by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund.
- Warriors rally from 19 down to take 2-0 series lead over Mavs
- Smith, Raanta help Hurricanes shut out Rangers for 2-0 series lead
- Skubal perplexed by Tigers' injuries: 'We might have to start lighting sage'
- Thankful Melvin happy to be back in Padres' dugout
- Bogaerts removed after colliding with Verdugo on pop-up