Skip to content

Latest transfer news and rumors: Real Madrid bail on Konate

Getty

The transfer window may be closed, but the rumor mill never stops. Check in every day for the latest buzz around the soccer world.

Top story: Real Madrid out on Konate

Real Madrid have "directly and unequivocally" informed Liverpool that they no longer have any interest in signing pending free agent Ibrahima Konate. The Spanish club did consider making an offer for the French defender earlier in the year, but has now decided to focus on other targets.

Liverpool are still trying to retain the 26-year-old. It was long considered a certainty that Konate would depart Anfield in the summer on a free transfer, but the situation has changed and could now go either way. (The Athletic)

Other rumors

Nov. 28

Vini says sorry: Vinicius Junior is now moving closer to signing a contract extension with Real Madrid after apologizing to manager Xabi Alonso and reducing his wage demands. (Mundo Deportivo)

Barca's long shopping list: Barcelona want a new striker, center-back, and left winger in the summer. They're looking at Harry Kane up front, Goncalo Inacio and Murillo in defense, and continue to monitor Rafael Leao in case they decide not to trigger Marcus Rashford's buy option. (Mundo Deportivo)

Mendoza's many suitors: Manchester City, Arsenal, and Real Madrid are all interested in signing Elche midfielder Rodrigo Mendoza. The 20-year-old has impressed at youth level with Spain and is starting to make a big impact with the promoted La Liga club. (Daily Mail)

Sunderland get serious: Sunderland are hoping to take advantage of Lazio's financial issues to sign French midfielder Matteo Guendouzi. Newcastle, Aston Villa, and Napoli are also interested. (Calciomercato)

Nov. 27

Barca missed out: Estevao's agent says the rising Brazilian star was offered to Barcelona before his move to Chelsea, but the Catalan club couldn't make a deal happen due to financial issues. (Cadena Ser)

Building a wall: Nottingham Forest will do everything possible to keep hold of England international midfielder Elliot Anderson. The club will reject any bids that arrive for the 23-year-old in January. (ESPN)

Bradley Collyer - PA Images / PA Images / Getty

Magic Mike: Chelsea are back in talks with AC Milan goalkeeper Mike Maignan's representatives about a potential free transfer in the summer. The French netminder's contract with the Italian side expires at the end of the season. (Sacha Tavolieri)

Happy in Madrid: Atletico Madrid forward Julian Alvarez continues to be linked with many of Europe's top teams, but club president Enrique Cerezo says the Argentine wants to stay with the Spanish side. (Mundo Deportivo)

Nov. 26

Man United's summer plans: Manchester United want to sign at least one top-level midfielder. Nottingham Forest's Elliot Anderson, Brighton & Hove Albion's Carlos Baleba, and Crystal Palace's Adam Wharton are the most prominent Premier League players who could be targeted. (ESPN)

Rash decision: Marcus Rashford is enjoying life on loan at Barcelona, but the club might not trigger its €35-million option to buy due to financial concerns. Paris Saint-Germain could swoop in with a €50-million offer to Manchester United. (Fichajes)

Santi course: Sunderland director of football Florent Ghisolfi, who previously worked in a similar role at Roma, is strongly pursuing AC Milan striker Santiago Gimenez. Brentford are also interested. (Calciomercato)

Roma refresh frontline: Manchester United's Joshua Zirkzee has verbally approved a loan move to Roma in January. The Giallorossi are also looking at Midtjylland's free-scoring striker Franculino Dju, who's also on Tottenham Hotspur's radar. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Kees to Willock deal: Crystal Palace are weighing up a summer approach for Joe Willock. Newcastle boss Eddie Howe could entertain the midfielder's exit if his club manages to sign AZ Alkmaar's Kees Smit. (The Telegraph)

Promising development: West Ham United are ahead of Leeds United and Wolves in the race to sign Canadian striker Promise David. Union Saint-Gilloise will consider offers in the region of €20 million. (TEAMtalk)

Half-season Harv: Unai Emery is yet to decide whether on-loan midfielder Harvey Elliott will remain with Aston Villa beyond January. The Liverpool youngster has struggled to make an impact at Villa Park. (Jacob Tanswell)

Nov. 25

Tottenham on the attack: Tottenham Hotspur are willing to back Thomas Frank with a £145-million splurge on Bournemouth's Antoine Semenyo and FC Porto's Samu Aghehowa in January. (TEAMtalk)

Junior ready to jump: Arsenal are emerging as one of Vinicius Junior's likeliest destinations while Real Madrid won't meet his contract demands and he has a difficult relationship with head coach Xabi Alonso. (Fichajes)

Reds' Joel goal: Liverpool have regularly scouted Joel Ordonez over the past year. The Club Brugge defender is available for around €35 million-€40 million this January. He's also the subject of interest from Newcastle United. (Transfermarkt)

Fener lose out on Lewy: Robert Lewandowski has rejected Fenerbahce's interest in a January transfer. He still intends to remain with Barcelona until at least next summer. (Fabrizio Romano)

Alex Caparros / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Nico nailed on for next summer: Nico Paz won't return to Real Madrid this January. The 21-year-old attacking midfielder will instead see out the season with Como before moving back to his former club. (Fabrizio Romano)

Atalanta stripping assets: Atalanta could offload some of their biggest stars. Ademola Lookman and Ederson can leave for €50 million each, and Honest Ahanor's price tag has surged to €40 million. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Celik swoop: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Manchester United could all compete to sign Roma right-back Zeki Celik. The 28-year-old's contract expires next June. (TEAMtalk)

Contact Lenz: Cajetan Lenz's agent insists his 19-year-old client is committed to Bochum, but every Bundesliga club (apart from Bayern Munich) and multiple English outfits (headed by West Ham United) are monitoring the midfielder. Formal inquiries have already been made. (Florian Plettenberg)

Nov. 24

Digging deep for Doue: Manchester City are willing to pay up to €180 million for Paris Saint-Germain's Desire Doue as Pep Guardiola seeks a winger with speed, technique, and bags of personality. (Fichajes)

Mason to Madrid: Mason Greenwood's €80-million price tag at Marseille isn't necessarily out of Atletico Madrid's reach. Diego Simeone believes the Englishman's versatility and trickery would improve his strike force. (Fichajes)

Staying in Saudi: One of Ivan Toney's motivations to return to the Premier League was to push for a place in England's World Cup squad. The chances of the Al-Ahli striker making the final roster are now slim, raising doubts that he'll come back to his homeland. (TEAMtalk)

Rivals eye Robinio: Robinio Vaz's impact at Marseille at just 18 years old has impressed Arsenal and Chelsea. The latter have talked to the striker's representatives and maintain open communication with the Marseille hierarchy. (Caught Offside)

Sweet Toth: Juventus and several German clubs are interested in Ferencvaros' Alex Toth. The 20-year-old has been compared to fellow Hungarian midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai. He could cost around €15 million. (Florian Plettenberg)

Tino talks: Tino Livramento says his focus is on the field, while he leaves Newcastle United contract talks in the hands of his representatives. The full-back is linked with Manchester City. (Shields Gazette)

Leandro locked down: Mikel Arteta said any mooted summer transfer for Leandro Trossard was "forbidden," as he knew that the player could "make a difference" for Arsenal this season. (Evening Standard)

Roma mull Mertcan move: Mertcan Ayhan's reputation is blossoming at Schalke. Roma are very interested and could open negotiations starting at €8 million for the 19-year-old defender. (Rudy Galetti)

Nov. 23

Finding Nico: Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have submitted identical €70-million offers for Nico Williams. Athletic Bilbao are reluctant to sell the Spanish international. (Fichajes)

Ade adamant on destination: Karim Adeyemi told Borussia Dortmund that he'd prefer to join Arsenal over Manchester United. His £75-million price tag is also too much for United. (The Mirror)

Eric's extension: Barcelona head coach Hansi Flick said the club is working on a longer contract for defender Eric Garcia. The 24-year-old's current terms expire next June. (Fabrizio Romano)

The way to a Murillo: Arsenal, Barcelona, and Chelsea are among a group of Champions League heavyweights keeping an eye on Nottingham Forest defender Murillo. (Caught Offside)

NurPhoto / NurPhoto / Getty

Joao move a go: Manchester United are in advanced negotiations to sign midfielder Joao Gomes from Wolverhampton Wanderers for around €50 million. (Trivela)

Fede flying home: Federico Chiesa could become available in the January transfer window as he struggles to establish himself at Liverpool. AC Milan, Inter Milan, Napoli, or Roma could bring him back to Italy. (Fichajes)

Luis the Lion: Orlando City are finalizing a deal to sign 18-year-old midfielder Luis Otavio from Brazilian club Internacional. He'll cost around $3.5 million. (UOL Brasil)

Nov. 22

Bye, bye Bruno: Manchester United manager Ruben Amorim is ready to offload 31-year-old club captain Bruno Fernandes in order to fund multiple midfield signings. (TEAMtalk)

Barca going big: Barcelona view both Bayern Munich star Harry Kane and Julian Alvarez of Atletico Madrid as realistic transfer targets for the summer. (Mundo Deportivo)

Reinforcement for Real Madrid: Stuttgart midfielder Angelo Stiller is keen on joining Real Madrid. The Spanish giants have long been linked with 24-year-old German international. (Fichajes)

Spurs' new striker: Tottenham are preparing a significant offer for Villarreal striker Georges Mikautadze. Spurs are willing to spend £44 million on the Georgian international. (Fichajes)

Meeting with Mendes: Arsenal officials continue to lay the groundwork for a potential Kenan Yildiz deal. They met Jorge Mendes in Turin to talk about the Juventus and Turkey attacker. (Caught Offside)

Daily Newsletter

Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox