Kompany changes matchday role at Anderlecht after poor start
He will also become the team's new captain, while assistant Simon Davies is now responsible for tactics off the field on matchdays, Terreur adds.
"Kompany must be more a player during the match," Davies said in an interview with Terreur, according to Sky Sports.
"He must be able to really lead the team on the field," Davies added. "Of course no one doubts that he can, but it is important that he is merely one of the players during the match.
"So, together with my staff, I will take on the tactics next to the field. Because you can plan some things in advance, surprising things always happen during a match. I take that on me."
Anderlecht have yet to win a league match this season, as Kompany's side conceded four first-half goals against Kortrijk last weekend in a 4-2 loss. They have just two points after four matches.
Anderlecht will take on reigning champions Genk on Saturday.
Kompany rejoined Anderlecht on a three-year contract earlier this summer after 11 trophy-filled campaigns at Manchester City.
- Pelicans pull away from Kings to secure In-Season Tournament semifinal berth
- Browning steals spotlight as Bengals stun Jaguars with OT win on MNF
- Coyotes hammer Capitals to complete 5-game win streak vs. recent champs
- Brossoit's 42-save effort propels Jets to victory over Hurricanes
- Jaguars' Lawrence exits with reported ankle sprain in OT loss to Bengals