BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
Some of the stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will move about 3 p.m. All times EDT.
- PARIS - Rafael Nadal, bidding for a record seventh French Open title, leads Novak Djokovic two sets to none in a final interrupted for 34 minutes because of rain.
- LAS VEGAS - Boxing takes a big blow when Timothy Bradley scores a startling and disputed split decision over Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night. The loss ends Pacquiao's seven-year unbeaten run.
- AUBURN, Ala. - Several people are shot at an apartment complex near Auburn University, authorities and witnesses say. The school declines to confirm reports former or current players are among victims.
- NEWARK, N.J. - The momentum belongs to the New Jersey Devils. They have won the last two games but still trail the Kings 3-2 entering Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals Monday night in Los Angeles.
- OKLAHOMA CITY - For most of the young Oklahoma City Thunder, the NBA finals will be an eye-opening experience when play begins Tuesday. Not so for Kendrick Perkins, Derek Fisher and Nazr Mohammed.
- KINGSTON, Jamaica - Olympic sprint great Usain Bolt not hurt in what his publicist calls a ``fender bender'' in Jamaica.
- ST. LOUIS - Jordyn Wieber's yearlong winning streak is on the line at the U.S. gymnastics championships after the world champ finishes the preliminaries tied with Gabby Douglas. Competition starts 3:30 p.m.
- LONG POND, Pa. - Joey Logano starts from the pole in the first 400-mile race at repaved Pocono Raceway. Race starts 1 p.m.
- FORT WORTH, Texas - After all the hand-wringing about racing at Texas Motor Speedway, the return to a high-banked oval ends up as a safe, sound event with a surprising and exciting finish.
- Two games are scheduled at the European Championship in Poland: Spain vs. Italy (noon) and Ireland vs. Croatia (2:45 p.m.)
- MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Davis Love III shares a one-stroke lead with Nick O'Hern and John Merrick going into the final round of the St. Jude Classic. Rory McIlroy is in a pack of six a stroke behind.
- PITTSFORD, N.Y. - Eun-Hee Ji is in front entering the last round of the LPGA Championship, one stroke ahead of Karrie Webb. Top-ranked Yani Tseng is in unaccustomed territory - 13 strokes behind.
- BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Tom Lehman holds a two-stroke lead over Peter Senior and Jeff Sluman entering the final round of the Regions Tradition, a major on the Champions Tour.
- CANASTOTA, N.Y. - Thomas Hearns headlines a class of 13 to be inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.