BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
Some of the stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will move about 3 p.m. All times EDT.
- WIMBLEDON, England - Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer return to Wimbledon, each with reason to believe he'll be hoisting the trophy in two weeks. Play begins Monday.
- DONETSK, Ukraine - France plays defending champion Spain in a European Championship quarterfinal. France was the last team to eliminate Spain from a major tournament - the 2006 World Cup. Game starts 2:45 p.m.
- EUGENE, Ore. - Allyson Felix and Carmelita Jeter try to win Olympic spots in the 100 meters while Lolo Jones and defending champion Dawn Harper compete in the 100 hurdles at the U.S. trials.
- FEDERAL WAY, Wash. - David Boudia and Nick McCrory, already on the U.S. Olympic diving team in platform synchro, go head-to-head for the two individual berths on 10-meter. Finals start 4 p.m.
- ARLINGTON, Texas - The Rangers, with the best record in baseball, go for their eighth consecutive victory when they start Colby Lewis against a Colorado Rockies team that has lost eight of 10. Game starts 3:05 p.m.
- OMAHA, Neb. - South Carolina is in position to become the first team in 40 years to win three straight College World Series titles. The Gamecocks face Arizona in a best-of-three series starting Sunday night.
- NEWTON, Iowa - Dario Franchitti goes for his third win in five starts at an IndyCar race at Iowa Speedway. Helio Castroneves starts alongside Franchitti. Race starts 10 p.m.
- ELKHART LAKE, Wis. - Danica Patrick and former Formula One ace Jacques Villeneuve are among the notable names in the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Road America. Race starts 2:30 p.m.
- PITTSBURGH - The NHL draft resumes with a decidedly American flavor. Nine Americans are taken in the second round, led by Nicolas Kerdiles, an 18-year-old winger from California selected by the Anaheim Ducks.
- CROMWELL, Conn. - Defending champion Fredrik Jacobson is in front by two shots entering the third round of the Travelers Championship.
- WATERLOO, Ontario - South Korea's Inbee Park leads by a stroke going into the third round of the inaugural Manulife Financial LPGA Classic.
- OKLAHOMA CITY - The Thunder enter an offseason that could feature hard decisions: Can Oklahoma City afford to keep Sixth Man of the Year James Harden and NBA blocks leader Serge Ibaka?