BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent about 3 p.m. All times EST:
- DETROIT - The Atlanta Falcons can clinch home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs with a victory over a Detroit Lions team that has lost six straight. Game starts 8:30 p.m.
- NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana-Lafayette goes for its second straight New Orleans Bowl victory when the Ragin' Cajuns play East Carolina. Both teams are 8-4 and on three-game winning streaks. Game starts noon.
- LAS VEGAS - No. 20 Boise State faces Washington, looking for a third straight victory in the Las Vegas Bowl. This time, however, there's no talk about the Broncos being in a BCS game. Game starts 3:30 p.m.
- COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State plays Kansas in a top 10 showdown. No. 9 Kansas won both times they met last year - at home and in the Final Four. Now, No. 7 Ohio State gets the Jayhawks at home. Game starts 4 p.m.
- ST. LOUIS - No. 10 Illinois faces No. 12 Missouri in the annual Braggin' Rights game. It's the first time in a decade they've met with both schools ranked in the top 15. Game starts 6 p.m.
- NEW YORK - No. 3 Syracuse meets Temple in the Gotham Classic at Madison Square Garden, with the Orange putting their 52-game regular-season nonconference winning streak on the line. Game starts noon.
- KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - The No. 1 Stanford women take on No. 10 Tennessee in another tough road game against an SEC team. Three days earlier, the Cardinal won 53-49 at No. 21 South Carolina. Game starts 4 p.m.
- DENVER - The Charlotte Bobcats try to break a 14-game losing streak when they play the Denver Nuggets. The Bobcats, ending a four-game road trip, have not won since Nov. 4. Game starts 9 p.m.
- NEW YORK - Oday Aboushi, a possible first-round NFL draft pick from the University of Virginia, returns to his hard-hit hometown of Staten Island for the first time since Superstorm Sandy tore through the area.